domenica 19 luglio 2009

On the needles

This is the first of my very long series of WIPs. Lutea lace-shoulder shell by Angela Hahn.
I'm using my only three skeins of Rosarios4's Biobamboo and fearing it couldn't be enough I decided to make a provisional cast on and knit from right below the armholes up. Now the first two skeins are all used up … and all my fears have vanished!
I altered the lace stitch pattern by using a double centered decrease instad of the two different methods suggested for the right and left shoulder.
This bamboo yarn is a dream to handle and to wear because is much smoother than silk.

The second, Ishbel by Isolda Teague, is a real "must have", so popular among ravelers that I had to try it. I'm knitting the large version and I think that it will grow even larger because I'm going to cast off only when I'll run short of yarn ... and I still have 7 skeins in my stash!
The pattern is well written and this knit runs on the needles so I can't wait to see the final result! Yarn is a gift my friend Sabine sent me during SP11, and I think is perfect for this project.

The third is still in a very early stage and actually is waiting to take off, but I bet I'll have a lot of knitting fun with the Swallowtail lace shawl.

Last but not least I've got a lot of mini-projects in progress for Cuore di Maglia....

That's all for now, hope tomorrow I don't have to add anything to this list!

Un saluto speciale a Startare!

Stavolta ho dato la precedenza alla parte più difficile, non sto a ripetere le parole ed i links.
Ho tantissimi lavori in corso, forse non ne ho mai avuti così tanti.
Il top marrone è fatto con un filato strepitoso, bambù biologico, più liscio e morbido della seta, un vero piacere da lavorare e da indossare.Quando passo a lavorare lo scialle blu la differenza di morbidezza è abissale!
Lo scialle blu è un modello che ha spopolato su Ravelry e che lavorerò fino a portarlo alle dimensioni di una coperta (o quasi), perchè devo azzerare la scorta che ho di questo filato.
Ho appena iniziato uno scialle piccolo e intricato ed ho tanti piccoli lavoretti in corso per Cuore di Maglia. Prima o poi ne uscirò ...

4 commenti:

  1. ho tirato un sospiro di sollievo, quando stamattina, ho trovato anche la versione italiana, il senso lo avevo afferrato ma leggerti in lingua madre è sempre un piacere!!
    bellissimi questi lavori mi metti un sacco di idee in testa!!
    buon lavoro e buone vacanze

    RispondiElimina
  2. Sono molto contenta che abbia scelto un filato cosi' prezioso per la tua "Lutea"! Vorrei vedere una foto "modellata" quando e' finita....

    RispondiElimina
  3. Che meraviglia, sono quasi finiti:)

    RispondiElimina

Grazie per il tuo commento!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails